AmSAT 2021 Virtual Annual Conference
We don't exist separately; we form endless symmetries and shapes as we learn and grow.
Together we are a kaleidoscope of connections.
Friday - Sunday, June 25th - 27th
AmSAT is delighted to extend conference member rates to ATAS members and trainees. Please send an email
to AmSAT indicating the society to which you or your training class belong.
Take advantage of this opportunity to expand your knowledge and teaching skills while connecting with colleagues in the Alexander community and beyond! Early bird registration will open in just a few weeks, so check back here for updated information on how to register and secure your spot at a reduced rate.
Each day will feature a General Session with Beret Arcaya speaking at Friday’s opening session and Daria Okugawa giving the F.M. Memorial Address on Sunday. Saturday’s session features a panel titled Reflections and Connections: A Conversation with 2nd Generation Teachers, moderated by Heidi Leathwood
This year’s robust programming will feature a wide variety of workshops including titles such as:
- Alexander Technique for Salsa Dancers: Freedom to Move and Boost Lead/Follow Connection
- Using your own hands to enhance learning and applying the Alexander Technique
- Practice with Purpose: Yoga & Alexander Technique
- How the Brain Learns
- Using the Dart inspired Framework for Integration model of Primary, Secondary, Engagements
- Alexander Technique and Tai Chi Chuan: Inhibition, Undoing, Non-doing, and Stillness in Movement
- Tips for Hips
- AND MANY MORE!
Our lineup of Workshop presenters includes: Luc Vanier, Brooke Lieb, Nada Diachenko, Frances Marsden, Julia Caulder, Pamela Blanc, Beret Arcaya AND MORE!
There will also be the opportunity to sign up for Individual Online Instruction with an entire line-up of teachers including: Michael Fredrick, Heidi Leathwood, Sarah Barker, Jessica Wolf, Sydney Harris, AND MORE!
Please note - not all sessions will be available for on-demand viewing after the conference. Sessions will be labeled accordingly prior to the conference.
1. During any AmSAT online event, we are each responsible for taking care of ourselves. This includes not participating in any activities that are not suitable. All attendees need to be aware of their own capabilities and take these into consideration when participating in the workshare. For example, you may wish to observe rather than undertake the activity offered, do an alternative movement if you feel it is safer for you, and stop at any time. Please don’t undertake any activity suggested if it doesn’t feel okay or could be painful for you.
2. If you are participating while alone in your home, you may contact the AmSAT office in advance of the event at 937-586-3732 if you wish us to help in case of an emergency.
3. Please ensure you are working in a room where you won’t be disturbed and that you are able to move safely around during the session.
4. Please clear the floor and area of any trip hazards, e.g., trailing cables, bags, items on the floor including toys, and pets, etc..
5. Check that the chair you will use for the session is suitably maintained and won’t roll.
6. Please ensure the area is sufficiently well-lit for you to see clearly.
7. It’s okay to move around / do what you need to do to be comfortable.