Know Before You Go
Bookmark this page as a reference for information helpful in navigating the virtual conference.
Participating in the Conference
Conference Platform Tutorials - Conference Website
Watch a quick walkthrough of navigating the conference website.
Conference Platform Tutorials - Zoom Sessions
Give yourself a refresher on joining Zoom meetings and webinars where the bulk of the conference sessions will take place.
Conference Platform Tutorials - Airmeet
We will use Airmeet for the Exchange Room/Networking sessions. The below video will give you an idea of what to expect when using that platform.
Visit Kaleidoscopic Views, our Learning Library
We have a wonderful collection of ePosters in our Learning Library, courtesy of your fellow AmSAT members! You can visit anytime - so be sure to check out all of the offerings. To get the most out of your browsing experience, please review this tutorial: Engaging with e-posters
If you are joining us for the Saturday evening social, bring a beverage of your choice and join us.
Here is the Zoom link for the Social.
We'll have a toast, share stories, dance, and even test your Alexander trivia knowledge.
Looking for a beverage inspiration?
1. During any AmSAT online event, we are each responsible for taking care of ourselves. This includes not participating in any activities that are not suitable. All attendees need to be aware of their own capabilities and take these into consideration when participating in the workshare. For example, you may wish to observe rather than undertake the activity offered, do an alternative movement if you feel it is safer for you, and stop at any time. Please don’t undertake any activity suggested if it doesn’t feel okay or could be painful for you.
2. If you are participating while alone in your home, you may contact the AmSAT office in advance of the event at 937-586-3732 if you wish us to help in case of an emergency.
3. Please ensure you are working in a room where you won’t be disturbed and that you are able to move safely around during the session.
4. Please clear the floor and area of any trip hazards, e.g., trailing cables, bags, items on the floor including toys, and pets, etc..
5. Check that the chair you will use for the session is suitably maintained and won’t roll.
6. Please ensure the area is sufficiently well-lit for you to see clearly.
7. It’s okay to move around / do what you need to do to be comfortable.